High boost on a stock 16v??? (well, stock blcok/head-wise)

Fellow listers,
    I've been considering this twin 16v project. Assuming i can get 2 16v's
and a sheel, i dont want to have to deal with double
gaskets/spacers/different pistons, so here are my thoughts:
- I'd rather design my own water injection/chargecooling/nos/turbo setup
than deal with piston swapping/head spacing. What kind of horse can be made
with boost/10.5:1 compression, and can it be done safely? I would of course
NOT be using any kind of CIS or anything even close.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch,
driveshafts, wheels :)