Re: 16v conversion not worth it? Scirocco too slow?

In a message dated 12/18/2001 3:40:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
scirocco21@hotmail.com writes:

 <<He tried to tell me that I wouldn't
feel enough of a difference to make the whole thing worth it.  I told him
everything I knew (90hp@5500rpm vs. 134hp@5800rpm; 100ftlbs@3000rpm
vs.133ftlbs@4400 rpm)  but he still wouldn't go along with me.  He said my
quarter mile times would still suck and any good ricer would still smoke me>>

Tell him to send me over some of dat shit he is smokin.  A honda Si will
smoke you, WRX will smoke you,  But any run of the mill ricer with the coffee
can will have no chance.  See its not just the engine, it is also the gearing
and with the close ratio tranny you will have a very capbable auto.  You will
notice a big dif. especially up top.  And from what i have heard this really
is not to expensive to do.  And it Fun tooo.  Good luck

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6