Re: 16v conversion not worth it? Scirocco too slow?

Dan,

    You've ridden with my in my Bone stock 1.8L 16v and know the
difference between it and your 8v rocco.  The conversion we are working
on for you is a 2.0L 16v w/1.8L head which = higher compression and a
tad more power.  The great thing about the 2.0L is that it offers a
better power spread meaning that there is torque available at low and
mid end where my 1.8L doesn't have it.
    Not to mention that for what you are shelling out for the
engine/trans/etc, is pretty much a steal, ask anyone on the list if $150
is too much for a 2.0L engine + 1.8L head + the tranny + the pwer
steering.  Sure, it's going to take some time and a little extra money
but the end result is always worth it where the rocco is concerned.
Besides, there is always a faster car out there, doesn't matter if it's
a rice-mobile or a chevy.

William Snyder
http://www.techography.net/scirocco ( my personal rocco site)
http://scirocco.techography.com (extra forum for sirocco.org list