Re: Parts Needed: 16v Wheel Bearing Housings

Hmmm....had an experience earlier this year with an '84 GTI.  With the
engine and tranny out, Daun and I threw in some spare half shafts so we
could roll it...no go.  Turned out the spares were 100mm and the hub
carriers weren't.  Locked it solid.  Don't know whether they carriers
had the bolt-on carriers (Nate Mellom's got 'em now).

Ron

--- Dave Ewing <rabbit16v@prodigy.net> wrote:
> 84 on up will work!  Basically anything (A1 of course) that has the
> bolt on
> carriers for the calipers.  They will take 100mm cvs too!
>
> Dave
>
> >   Well, my '80 rocco is being converted to all 16v parts...
> > I am prepping the 1.8 16v engine and tranny to be installed as soon
> as I
> > get the engine bay cleaned and painted.  I am planning to use the
> larger
> > 16v axles, but to use these I need the steering knuckle assemblies
> > (aka wheel bearing housings)
> >   So, if anyone has these available please let me know...
> > I need both the left and right sides.
> >
> > (this is the part that the strut, ball joint, tie-rod,
> > and caliper attach to...)
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > =====
> > Benjamin Harder
> > 86 Scirocco 16v
> > 80 Scirocco
> > 93 Passat GLX
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/vwtype53/

> majordomo@scirocco.org

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.