Re: What's the black box right under the hood on the driver's side?

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:24:50 -0500 Jim Jarrett <jarrett@rpa.net> writes:
> At 2:29 PM -0500 12/13/01, Victor Farren wrote:
> >The big boxk that is labelled KE Jetronic is your injection
> >computer, aka, the KE Jetronic computer.
>

> Speaking of, has anyone ever opened one of these up to see what is
> inside?

I opened up my black box when I was deciding on a good mounting location
for my 16V conversion.
I wanted to make sure that the electronic components were facing up, so
that the heat from the components was going away from the PCB.
There is just one large PCB with the connector and side of the case
attached to it, with a rubber seal and small philips screws holding it
together. It slides into grooves on the black case, and comes apart
easily.

I still want to know which wire HyperTech (or whatever) cuts to do away
with the rev limiter.

Peter  http://thescirocco.com - http://tttuning.com - Peloquin -
http://quaifeamerica.com/ -
http://www.magnecor.com/ - http://ronalusa.com - Discount dealer -  Bear,
DE 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '83 GTI,  '84.5 Scirocco
'84 GTI - SciRollers: '79 , '84 , '88
http://feedbyte.com
http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599
137298