From: owner-vwpickups@neubayern.net
[mailto:owner-vwpickups@neubayern.net]On Behalf Of Vee Dubb
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 09:50
To: VWFOX@yahoogroups.com; diesel@vwfans.com; diesel@audifans.com;
vwpickups@neubayern.net; Audi-VW-Diesels@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VW Pickups] 16v GLI

OK folks, I am going against my own best judgement
here, and have decided to 'part out' a car. (cringe)
I have a 87 Jetta GLI 16v with just over 100k on it
and I am willing to let go of the engine (I have no
interest in a 16v) maybe the engine and tranny.  I
would rather it be someone who wants it bad enough to
come get it, so that everything that person needs from
the car (harness, 16v-specific accessories) go with
the motor.  Besides, makes it a helluva lot easier
when you have all that stuff come time to install it
in something else and I'll help buyer pull it out.  I
haven't driven this car, but I have heard it run, it
has strait pipes from the cat so I didn't get to hear
the engine itself (exhaust too loud)  I'll entertain
offers but here's what I would like to get - $800 for
whole rolling chassis, $500 for engine and tranny.  I
am located in Southern Mississippi and have several
other VW's that will have to go soon.  Looking for a
car in particular?  Let me know, I can probably find
it for cheap.  If someone doesn't buy the car, I am
going to dump the 16v on the shop floor to install a
diesel motor into the GLI. (ain't i a stinker?)

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com