From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Sean Clark
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 1:20 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: What's the black box right under the hood on the driver's side?

Sorry for putting the entire question in the subject, but that box, be it
fuel injection control unit, ignition control unit, or whatever, is screwed.
  I'm wondering what it's exact name is (for a 88 Scirocco 16V)and also what
my best means of getting ahold of one would be (they are $1000 new).
Junkyards or online parts broker?  I assume that all 16v rocco boxes would
be the same.  Do I need to match model year, or just get a 16v box?  Any
information would be great.  Thanks,

-Sean