How do you take the doors off a Mk2?

Ok, this isn't as stupid a question as it may seem...
:-)

I have the door panels off and I see the 2 main bolts
that hold the door in place.  However, how do you take
off the door strap?  It looks like the factory used a
rivet to hold it in place...  Cut it off?  Beat it
off?  What?

Also where are the plugs for the electric mirror and
door speaker wiring harnesses?  I fully expected them
to be in the door itself, but it's not.  I really
don't want to cut the wiring then butt splice it back
together...

On another note, I (well, Mick the co-owner of the
parts car finally got that shock bolt off.  After I
soaked it repeatedly with PB Blaster, heated it up
with a propane torch and beat on it with a hammer I
gave up.  I went to a doctors appt, came back and Mick
had it off!  He beat on it some more with the hammer
and it finally gave in.  Whew!

Tomorrow is suspension and wheels swapage, then next
weekend is taking off the fenders, doors and hood
before it goes away for good.

-josh

=====
Josh Wyte