What is the best color for a paint job?

Hi all,

I'm planning to get a paint job during the winter while my car is
in storage... I have a 87 16v Torbado red scirocco, and I wonder
what is the best color to repaint it?

Should I go to a totally different color like black or should I keep
the original paint color code to keep the car as possible in the
original color for a better job and keeping the value of the car!

Else if keeping in the original color isn't a big deal, should I try to
find a color near tornado red, but with a nicer look instead of
moving to a totally different color.

thanks for your comments ;)

Joel

winmail.dat