Re: What is the best color for a paint job?

--- "J.L." <tofunit@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm planning to get a paint job during the winter
> while my car is
> in storage... I have a 87 16v Torbado red scirocco,
> and I wonder
> what is the best color to repaint it?
>
> Should I go to a totally different color like black
> or should I keep
> the original paint color code to keep the car as
> possible in the
> original color for a better job and keeping the
> value of the car!
>
> Else if keeping in the original color isn't a big
> deal, should I try to
> find a color near tornado red, but with a nicer look
> instead of
> moving to a totally different color.
>
> thanks for your comments ;)
>
> Joel

Joel is this an investment? If not, paint it whatever
color suites you. If you keep it Tornado Red, you
don't "have" to paint the door jambs, etc to avoid
color "clash".

Go to a VW dealer and look at a 2002 Tornado Red
before you decide to change it - you may find that
your finish has faded . . .

Good luck!

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)