Re: german tires (bad bad)

Awww....Come on Josh.
You know most (all?) tires were never "designed" to be used this
way......agree?
The purpose, like Dirk mentioned, is to clear the fender wells with deep
dish wheels.
It might work but that doesn't mean it is working at it's optimum or that it
isn't over stressing the sidewall.
Rim width (along with tire pressure, camber, toe, etc.....) will affect the
footprint/contact patch of the tire.
Correct me if I'm wrong but with the wide wheel/narrow tire setup you would
have to over-inflate the tire (stressing the tire in itself) to get a flat
contact patch.
I would venture that the same tire on two different wheels, one correct
width and one wide, would perform better and last much longer on the wheel
with the correct width....anyone disagree?

Again, I am not knocking this type of mod/look but you do have to recognize
it's limitations.

Sorry for yankin' yer chain but.....  :^)

Randy
PS Anyone remember the day's of the early A1's, putting 205/50/13 tires on
the stock 13X5 wheels (now I'm showing my age)....LOL, how things have
changed.....