Re: Headliner group buy?

At 3:45 AM -0600 12/1/01, L. M. Lloyd wrote:
>3: How much would you be willing to pay? (I only ask this question

Obviously the cost of materials here would be different, but I just
had a custom headliner (non-sunroof) made for my '87 for $150CDN.
It's made out of Nyfoam, which is very similar to the fuzzy material
that almost all new cars' headliners are made from.  It definitely
updates the look of the interior, IMO, and should also cut some of
the noise reflecting around the interior.  The stuff's not cheap, but
I'll bet it's a lot cheaper than leather...

One thing about leather - it'd be considerably heavier, and may or
may not sag between the bows that hold the headliner up.  I would
think that installation would be very tricky - using spray contact
cement to hold it around the hatch and glass openings, you only get
one chance to get it right!!

Great idea though... if I didn't already have one I would definitely
be interested!