RE: Roll Cage rules ?

> I am building this car because i always wanted a rocco that
> went as fast
> as it looked :) since i cant drive it like that on the
> street, at least
> not and stay out of jail much, i decided that the new SM
> category fit the
> bill. I also plan on going to every track school type day I
> can, but since
> track schools are few and far between i decided to go for SM
> as another
> competitive class.

Sounds like you're going the right direction. I wouldn't want to do track
days (at least not on a regular basis) without some sort of cage, either. If
you are building the car just for Solo-II, where speeds typically don't go
much over 50-60mph, then the weight of a cage is probably not worth the
extra stiffness unless you need to add weight to make the class minimums.
This is getting down into the category of "how do I get the last .01sec out
of a run at Nationals", and doesn't really apply to somebody who wants a
street car that can be competitive and have fun regionally. If you build a
car this potent, the limiting factor on your times locally will NOT be the
car! :)

Let us know how the project goes!

Neal