Re: manufactureing new sciroccos

At 08:37 PM 11/30/01 -0800, Jerry Carter wrote:
>Ok, I have to ask, what yould you think if I said I was going to take a pile
>of sheetmetal and pipes and build me a  'roc from scratch? I'd be using my
>'81 as a template, and basicly cloning it.
>
>has my last statement just made me the most evil person in the world?
>
>but truly, I'm thinking of building one from scratch, maybe taking out an
>engine and dropping that into the beast. but mainly doing everything myself.
>The reason that I'm thinking about this is the phrase that I've heard too
>many times to ignore "NEVER RALLY A "ROC' and that what I want to do. is it
>evil to rally a Faux 'roc?
>
>Just wondering...
>Jerry Carter
>'81 Mk1 Scirocco
Well... it would be a huge project.  Have you thought about just
building  a tube frame
race car(scirocco sized and shaped) and covering it with Roc panels?  It's
been done.
The guy I bought my 2.0 shortblock had a 16V that he raced that was set up
like that.
All the panels came right off for repair or replacement.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.