Shifter rod problems-Help!

Really sucks when you DON'T (yet) own a Scirocco-- but realize that the
Scirocco mailing list is probably the best qualified to answer the tech
questions...

I lost the exact settings for one of my TSR linkage links, and need to get an
exact center to center distance for the short rod on the tranny (VW # 171 711
574 B) The measurement I have is 3 15/16" but I don't have a stock linkage
piece to verify if that is correct.

Having a hell of a time getting the tranny in reverse, hoping for a "simple"
linkage adjustment- I've had no problems in the past dialing the stop finger
to gate distance at 15mm...

Thanks, and Happy Holidays to everyone on my favorite A1 "Tech Group"...

Danny
81 Caddy 2.0 16V - with many Scirocco parts.....