Re: Fuel system help (swap/compare) - Dead JH engine now.

--- "Langford, Cory" <Cory.Langford@icbc.com> wrote:
> Anyone have experience with the Digifant-II on the old cabs?  I
> thought of
> this first as it has the air flow sensor and fuel increases with air
> flow
> right?  Any thoughts on good/bad things about this system?

Hmmm...first, all FI systems have airflow sensors....Digifant uses a
spring loaded flap (hinge is vertical) and electronics determine where
the flap is (and therefore what the airlow is).  Digifant is a pulsed
injector system.

CIS and CIS-E use plates pulled up by the airflow, and have a
mechanical connection between the sensor and the fuel distributor.

I would avoid Digifant as it's almost totally unmodifiable.  The few
chips that were available are no longer around, last I checked.  Colin
at Techtonics told me the system would deliver plenty of fuel, but it
never seemed very "eager" (for lack of a better term) in my Cabby (w/
AGB tranny and 4-2 exh manifold w/ full TT exhaust).  To be fair, A2
GTI's use Digifant, and they are a bit more spirited than the Cabby.

I'd investigate CIS-E and Motronic first...

Good Luck

Ron

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump