My 16v doesn't have any power anymore!!

I emailed a problem I was having to the list before. My 16v had no power
between 2k rpm and 4k rpm. It was also almost stalling when I would stop at
a red light sometimes. Many people replied and said to replace my vacuum
lines and replace my transfer pump. Well...I replaced the vacuum lines and
it really didn't make a difference. Then I replaced the transfer pump and my
car was fine, it was back to normal.....for a week! Then the loss of power
came back between 2k rpm and 4k rpm. It also seems like it hesitates and
almost stalls at stops. I've noticed that when I fill my gas tank up it
really doesn't do this much, but when I drive and use some gas it starts
again. What could my problem be?? TIA

Justin
'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L