confused

yesterday i replaced the mechanical fuel pump on my 91 GTII
it was running fine 85-90 down the motorway ( highway)
then while in town centre every time i took a right hand corner or bend
and accelerated out of it gently it cut out! fuel kind of pop though.. didn't
feel like electrical problem. because it would start again straight away with the flick
of the key. Also just recently it has refused to idle...
then it started idling then it stops  or idles REALLY low!
but what has got me is this right hand thing.
left corners are fine and straight runs are fine... fast as you like.. just no
90 degree rights... any suggestions?

Matt