Re: My 'new' 88 Scirocco, abused and missused (long

>     are you sure that the bodykit isn't rubbing on the body?  i'm thinking
> that you probably have some 205.50.15 or 185.55.15 and some old
> springs/struts.  those two factors right there = rubbage.  score some new
> struts, stiffer springs, and some 195.50.15s, and you should be good to
go.

That's a possibility, but the sound I hear doesn't seem to indicate that.
I'm not sure what my exact tire size is, I'll have to run out and check. The
previous owner did mention that I might want to get new shocks. I had
planned on doing so, but then like 3 people I know told me they were fine
and not to. I'll probably go ahead and replace everything in a few months.
Anybody know of some good non lowering springs, or springs that lower less
than 1"? I was thinking of getting some Boge Progas but I heard they dont go
well with sport springs.

>     watch that alternator belt!  do NOT, under any circumstances, torque
the
> shit out of it.  tight belts molest the rear alternator
> bearing/bushin/whatever it's called, and you have to replace it.  i've
gone
> thru a whole bunch of them, and now i put the belt on *just* tight enuff,
> whereas before i would reef the hell out of it.

Well here's something nice... the shop told me the clatter sound I heard in
low gears was the alternator being loose and banging around... and surprise,
I can still hear it.