Re: Problems, part 3

> Things that need replacing, fan switch maybe (there's no visible gook etc on
> it, it's only ~4 months old), or the fan motor itself is worn out?,
> distributor (has oil inside), battery (I still haven't figured out if it's
> loosing it's charge (alarm etc still works fine .. no strange noises).
> Overflow cap? Overflow sensor thingy?

 Have you tried to test the fan to make sure that it works?  Just make a
jumper wire for both the + and - terminals to the fan and run straight
to the battery just to verify the condition of the fan motor itself...
I can't imagine that the "new" fan switch is bad...check the fan first.

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v
81 Scirocco S 1.8 8v