Problems, part 3

Ok, here's where I'm at now.

Fan switch or fan itself most likely is toast .. didn't come on at all today
(tempgauge hit small bar) even after I turned the car off, or tried running
the AC to get it going, car got hot way too fast and then wasn't cooled down
properly.

Other issues relating to this, or where it all started:

When I start the car, RPMs jump to 1800-2000 then drops down and idles
normal. Once car is warm, idle is off sometimes, around 12-1400. Over the
past 2 weeks this happened more and more, and this Friday the idle never
dropped below 1400, which was when the car boiled over. RPM's still jump
once at startup, still idle too high when car gets warm.

Things that need replacing, fan switch maybe (there's no visible gook etc on
it, it's only ~4 months old), or the fan motor itself is worn out?,
distributor (has oil inside), battery (I still haven't figured out if it's
loosing it's charge (alarm etc still works fine .. no strange noises).
Overflow cap? Overflow sensor thingy?

Oh yeah, all hoses, switches, thermostats etc., flushing the system and
refilling were done by NewDimensions about ~4 months back - so if any of
those parts are kaputt, I'm sending the car/parts back for
service/replacement under the warranty on the parts/labor.

No loose wiring connections in the areas that I can inspect also.

I'll probably end up at Dubwar in the 83 after TBerk schools/helps me
installing a new clutch - the 16V probably won't get fixed in the next two
days so I don't expect to drive it until September.

Tobias

16V --- hot hot hot
8V --- slow slow slow