Re: Problems, part 3

> When I start the car, RPMs jump to 1800-2000 then drops down and idles
> normal. Once car is warm, idle is off sometimes, around 12-1400. Over the
> past 2 weeks this happened more and more, and this Friday the idle never
> dropped below 1400, which was when the car boiled over. RPM's still jump
> once at startup, still idle too high when car gets warm.

Interesting. My car has been doing this lately... going up to 1500 rpm when
I start it, and then sort of idling normally. bounces around 750-950...
Believe it or not, I took it to a shop to have it checked out, and it idled
better before then, and I didn't have this 1500 rpm startup crap. Did your
car boil over when you had these symptoms? Lately I've been noticing that my
oil pressure and temperature gauges take a long time to change.. they just
sit at rock bottom. The usually start changing after I park the car and
drive it again. I don't know if it's always been doing this. I may have just
started noticing it now.

Matt Wagner
mattwagner@softhome.net