Re: 134A Conversion - I'm needing AC(and I'll need it in FL more)

I did it, it wasn't a VW though. My work truck needed to be dismantled for
some welding. We kept the system closed off from the atmosphere so as not to
have to replace the dryer. Nine months later I saw one of those kits in the
FLAPS, bought it, followed the directions and low and behold, cold air.

Don't remember the brand.

The directions were good.

My advantage was that I knew the system did not leak and that the dryer had
not soaked up the moisture from the atmosphere.

Try it!

Good luck,

Rick Alexander
http://www.brubakerbox.com