134A Conversion - I'm needing AC(and I'll need it in FL more)

OK. 134A conversion....
I've searched the archive.  Nada.  I've searched the
net and about all I've found is that I need to replace
the reciever/dryer.  What I want to know is have any
of you had to replace anything else to make it work
right?  Will the kits you can buy come with enough
replacement washers(etc) for me to get lucky and be
able to do BOTH of my cars?  Are the directions that
come with these kits good enough?  Which kit available
on the market is the best? Am I crazy for wanting to
do this myself..... considering that I can barely
afford to do oil changes myself lately?  Oh, and
considering that my 16V's compressor is 203k miles old
and still actually works but not well enough, should I
just go ahead and put an extra compressor in that I
have which, unfortunately, has been sitting in my
garage for 5 years and probably won't work now?  Any
help appreciated!

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco -D.I.Y. Paintjob Complete!
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab VWHAULER
1972 Harley Davidson Rapido
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith