Re: 134A Conversion - I'm needing AC(and I'll need it in FL more)

Some say replace seals, others say replace the filter & dryer. What did I do? I held a screwdriver on the nipple to release the rest of the R-12 out of my system, and ensured it was empty. There wasn't much but a short 1 second shot of R-12 left, so I don't want to hear any shit from environmentalists :P After that, I just filled it with R-134A. The trick is you need the adapter which comes in most conversion kits. This allows you to hook up an R-134A fitting/thread to the R12 lines. How else did I do it? I just turned the A/C on and let it suck a few cans in. Hey, at least I have some form of A/C now! Don't kid yourself, if you do it this way without replacing filter & dryer, it wont be nearly as cold. But, it's A/C and was partially cheapass A/C ;)
	-Gary Huff