Re: Failing suspension, Scirocco hurting

Tobias M-G wrote:

> I know the suspension question has been done a few times, but my question
> isn't Brand specific, rather, preformance/quality specific. The car
> currently has a Bilstein Neuspeed combo (exact type unknown) which takes
> corners like it was on rails, but also feels like it drives on rails - that
> is to say toss a penny on the track and I'll jump the rails.

<snip>
> What can I get that'll still give me a lowered look, but improve the ride
> quality? I figure the car is sitting 2" low .. no finger gap between top of
> tire and fender. I will sacrifice the low stance the PO thought was
> "carefully lowered". Something in the 1"-1.5" range?

T-man,

Those sound like N-speed RACE springs. Softsports will raise you up
around just under stock but in the middle is SPORTS.  They settle down
at 1.5" or thereabouts.

Along with some new rubber bits like upper bushings I'd think you could
reuse the shocks w/ new springs.

TBerk