Tech: CV axle install problems.

Hey yall.
I have a problem.
Worked on taking both CV's out of a 16v.... would have been nice to know
that you need to take off the front lower stock anti-sway bar before hand(
havent read the manual yet...doh) to get the CV's in and out.

Well anyway the problem is as follows.
After romoving and replacing both sides, I torqued down the axle nuts with
jack + jack handle + 30mm socket. I found that the driver side wheel wont
turn AT ALL. ie i spun the other wheel trying to get it to roll.
I confirmed that it is the mating surface between the hub and the outer cv
joint. cause i losened it up pounded the axle back through the hole a
little and viola(yes i know it is a string instument)... the wheel rolls
again. any suggestions.

Potterman suggested might be the circlip or something else in the hub
cause'n it. well frustrated again. still the beloved rocco sits in
Columbus (ugh) GA while im in atl... On a positive note the honda goes
away tomorrow. Thank-god for Carmax.

brian
dirty as hell and in need of a shower.

Oh I also need an adjuster for the powersteering pump bracket you know
that thing that allows me to tighten the belt...

Oh yeah found out today that my alternator is shot. I can jiggle the shaft
like 2-3mm radius.. whee.  parts for potterman to ship...

Hey anybody out there got a baffled oilpan they dont want anymore :-)