Re: Tech: CV axle install problems.

Hmmm...re: the lockup, Daun and I found the exact same
situation on a GTI we're scrapping.  After yanking the
tranny, we put some halfshafts in temporarily so's we
could roll the car around w/out damaging wheel
bearings, it was locked up tight as hell...seemed as
though we had larger CV's than the hub carriers were
intended for.  It was a lesson for both of us...maybe
it applies to you as well.

Good Luck, HTH

Ron

--- Brian McGarvey <brianm@zbt62.eastnet.gatech.edu>