Re: Tech: CV axle install problems.

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Cheapass Ron wrote:

> Hmmm...re: the lockup, Daun and I found the exact same
> situation on a GTI we're scrapping.  After yanking the
> tranny, we put some halfshafts in temporarily so's we
> could roll the car around w/out damaging wheel
> bearings, it was locked up tight as hell...seemed as
> though we had larger CV's than the hub carriers were
> intended for.  It was a lesson for both of us...maybe
> it applies to you as well.

Yeah well thats nice to know somebody else has the problem, but I shouldnt
have that problem when I order parts from a reputable dealer ...
potterman.. as far as I can tell the hubs were never changed... gettign
the calipers off to do the bearings is gonna be fun... I couldnt budge the
caliper bolts today... dont ask I was checking to see if the brake went
bad from sitting... I was hoping the CV joint hadn't locked up.