RE: tint removal

> > With the film gone, you'll have a nice coating a glue.  There is a
> > professional product tint places use to strip the glue, but an alternative
> > is a mixture of 409 and Windex (about 50/50).  Spray it on and let it sit a
> > bit.  Use very fine steel wool (000 or 0000) and start cleaning... spray,
> > scrub, spray, scrub...
>
> 	And if you have a rear defrost like I have, you dont do it that way
> if you value your rear defrost system, unless you prefer to retrace lines on
> your rear trunk windows yourself.

Actually, using the very fine steel wool (000 or 0000) is safe. And yes, I have
a working rear defroster.  Scrub the same direction as the defroster lines (not
up and down the window).   I used the same method to prep the rear window before
tinting, too.  This method was recommended by a local tint shop who didn't want
to strip my old cheap tint at any price.  It works great and fast, and without
nasty chemicals.

Just my experience...

Greg :)
http://www.DriversFound.com