Re: tint removal

On Tuesday 03 April 2001 03:25 am, you wrote:
> >   Anyone have any hot tips for removing window tint? Especially on the
> > hatch where the defroster grid is. Heat gun/hair dryer+razor scraper?
>
> Start by pulling the film off.  A razor blade makes it easy to get started.
> If you get lucky, it'll come off in large pieces.  It depends on age and
> quality of tint.
>
> With the film gone, you'll have a nice coating a glue.  There is a
> professional product tint places use to strip the glue, but an alternative
> is a mixture of 409 and Windex (about 50/50).  Spray it on and let it sit a
> bit.  Use very fine steel wool (000 or 0000) and start cleaning... spray,
> scrub, spray, scrub...

	And if you have a rear defrost like I have, you dont do it that way
if you value your rear defrost system, unless you prefer to retrace lines on
your rear trunk windows yourself.

there is a product that is sprayed unto the film and it penetrates it and
works the glue pretty much free, the film comes out easy as a well cooked
chicken skin, teh rest you wipe it off (no razor blade, no steel wool..) buy
re-applying a second time the product on the glue on the window.

the product I dont recall the name, can be found at ANY window tinting shop
(not wallmart) the real stuff cost ~ 7$/bottle but works ..

my 2 cents worth
--
Patrick Bureau
85 8v Titian Red Scirocco