Re: Transmission question

I believe - but I am not sure - that this is a newer
tranny, very possibly for a 2.0 litre, which means it
would have the 16V input shaft.  I'll try to check
ETKA tonight.  If so, this means you buy the 16V
clutch and PP.  Otherwise, it *should* bolt right up
after you add the A1 mounting brackets from your old
tranny.

I just had a DFQ ('97 Golf 2.0L)given to me (free, the
Cheapass way, but it has a broken case from an
accident).  It has the 16V input shaft, a very wide
ratio gearset, a 0.80 5th gear, and a 3.67 final
drive.

Guess where the 16V input shaft, 100mm flanges, and
the 0.80 5th are going?  Into my 4K, for a Cheapass
Ron Super Tranny!  Woohoo!!

Ron