[tech] Carb->FI gas tank swap [wuz:RE: MK1 question #2]

All this talk on Carbs vs. FI is really cool!

Sal mentioned that you have to change the gas tank to go from carb to FI. What
is different about the fuel tank?

Pretending that I had a '75 (just pretend, OK?), what fuel tanks could I use?
Will any FI tank from a mk1 Scirocco fit? I heard that the trunk is different on
the really early mk1s compared to, say, an '80. How about a tank from a mk2,
Rabbit, B4 Passat (j/k!), etc?

Are new tanks readily available, from JCWhitney or wherever?

Anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket (racing-style) fuel cells? How
much might one expect to pay for something like that?

Neal
'88 16v