Re: MK1 question #2

Carbs give you better low end torque and better high end fuel delivery. I
would recommend that if you choose to stick with carbs that you learn about
Weber's. They are the best carburettor and have the most available jets etc.
for them. They are capable (DCOE sidedraughts) of delivering fuel to engines
up to but not limited to 2.6l engines and thats just a 48mm dual setup. They
are VERY tuneable and can get you killer fuel mileage. Its only a amtter of
how much time and patience do you have to get the whole setup right before
you dont have to fuck with it again.

I work with a guy who used to be very into VW watercooled shit (racing). He
knows Darell (sp?) from TT and inspired the Pizzo Bros. with their
dragracing cars. I have him on the search in his garage (very cool stuff in
there) for his notes on Weber DCOE jet settings. I will post to all as soon
as I get the info.

   I just realized a '75 MK1 will be carb. rather than fuel injected.

  Someone want to give me any idea how difficult it is to throw a complete
fuel injection system from a newer car into it? (IE: pull it out of a mk2
CIS system or something).

   Is there a benefit of carbs?  Can they be fitted to a 1.8 or even 2L?

Cory

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA