Re: Transmission question

Randy you will need to upgrade the disk to a 16v or A3 210mm. Everything
else is plug and play. I have an almost brand new disk if you are
interested.

Hello,
I need some assistance in finding if a trans will fit an 81 Scirocco with JH
motor.

This a for a friend of mine. He purchased a 5 speed trans code DFN which I
believe is an 020 case.
Codes on the trans are:
02K 301 107 inside belhousing
DFN 28108 on outside

We believe this is for a 98 Golf 2.0L 8V
We realize we will need the 100mm axles.

Question:
Will it bolt up to the JH block?
Any problems with using the stock clutch/flywheel pieces for the JH
Any other warnings you might have?

We don't wan't to tear out the old FF out and find the new one wont bolt in.

Thanks in advance :)

Randy
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - my stock time capsule for now

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag