Re: ['86 8V] weird idle, low RPM, engine problems

--- Oliver Seiler <oseiler@acm.org> wrote:

The alternating problems
> at idle seem to be
> linked to the oxygen sensor loop cycling (i.e., using a
> dwell meter to see
> what the oxygen sensor is doing, the idle problem cycles
> at the same rate
> as the dwell meter cycles; hopefully I've explained this
> well enough).
>
> My suspicion right now is that at least one injector is
> having problems,

Why?

I would suspect the O2 sensor / system since the bad idle
seems to be linked to it.

> probably with it's spray pattern. I've never replaced the
> injectors since
> buying the car, and I haven't had a chance to look at
> their spray
> patterns. Can anyone think of another (likely)
> possibility?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software,
> http://www.pivotal.com
>             Scirocco MkII Diary -
> http://osroc.weblogs.com

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"I am who I am. What else could I be?" - Lara Fabian