Re: window trim MK1

mike wrote:

> Are you talking about the thin metal strips that run inside the window seal
> rubber?    I assume you mean I have to remove the larger metal door
> ornamentation to "slide the trim out?

    That is correct.

> I think I will try it with a large paint scraper.

    If you can find a claw type thing that maybe has a 3 or 4" wide
head, that may work too.  If you dont want to save any of your rubber,
one way to get the trim is to cut the rubber, but I am assuming you want
to keep your ruber.

> Thanks for the tips,   If I Phuck it up- will it harm the integrity of the
> window seals to not have it in place?

    Nope, dont think so, but the front and rear windows need the chrome
seal in them (or so I was told).  They wouldnt fall in your lap when
driving, but I think in an accident the glass may pop out.  Just dont
get hit Mmm-kay!  =p

 Andre'
 Lime Green 79