good bye red 16V

This morning Tina & me started on a trip with our
two 16V's. ( The convertible and the red one )

In fact it was the last trip for the red one...

I found a tuning company here in Germany,
who will convert a 16V KR engine to catalytic
*with* TÜV approval.
But they need the complete harness my red 16V and the control unit,
the outletmanifold and the oxygen-sensor to put it into the convertible,
so the red 16V ( with PL engine ) will not be driveable later.
That means that I had to abandon the car there.
I didn't have time to remove anything
worth of interest, except the bumpers ( put Macseks old one on it )
the 16V badges and the lights ( put some cracked ones into  it )
--Anybody needs a set of flawless Euro lights now ?

As they need several days to upgrade the convertible and
make it street-legal again, Tina and me returned home by train today.

I hope that all works out as planned and that the TÜV
will accept the modification.

so my total amount of Sciroccos decreased to two again today...
..a bit of my red 16V will continue life in the convertible.

In case you want to see the last pictures of my red 16V
that I have taken today :
www.Scirocco2.de/red16v.htm

Greetings
Dirk
Scirocco GTX '86  tin grey 16v 1.8l  KR "CABRIOLET"
Scirocco GTX '84  montegoblack 1.8l  DX "DIGIFIZ"
www.Scirocco2.de