Re: Digifant

--- Casey Webster <tinfool@home.com> wrote:
> Could someone tell me what the difference is between
> a digifant engine and a
> CIS engine?  What year did digifant first start
> appearing in VWs?

Digifant and CIS are fuel management systems (fuel
injection). CIS has many variants and was developed by
Bosch.

In the U.S., Digifant appeared in A2 Golfs and Jetta
8V cars starting in 1988 (I'm not sure when, but the
Cabriolet and Golf followed not too long after),
ending in 1992. Digifant is "officially" a VW
developed system. Just about everyone stays away from
Digifant if they are looking for performance, as it
does not lend itself to mods.

=====
Mark Peele
Owner of 20th Century VWs
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)