Re: New (to me) '84 and a power locks question

Michael Carlson wrote:

> As of last night, I finally have a Scirocco back in my life.  It's a silver
> '84 Wolfsburg Edition, loaded with power everything (steering, windows,
> mirrors, and locks).  It needs some work, but that's why I bought it.  :)

Cool, congrats!  Another GTI VR6 lister joins the fray.  :D

> Quick question (since I don't have a Bentley for it yet):  The gas flap
> looks like it has a "post" that would be used with the power locks, but it
> doesn't lock.  Is it supposed to lock?

My 16V has power locks and that includes locking the gas flap.. so if you
have 'em, I'd ASSume you should have the locking flap too, unless the '84s
didn't have it..

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0