Re: Springs in Junkyard: buy or no?

I agree, snatch up those Bilsteins.  Even if they are blown, they have a
lifetime guarantee.  Check the fronts too, if there is a larger size piston
than normal, the should be Bilsteins as well.  Get them all.  I also had some
Suspension Techniques springs that were linear rate.  These sound like those
that you described.  The ones I had were blue in color.  What color are these
springs?

DNK006@aol.com wrote:

> I was browsing my local Ford & Chevy junkyard today, when I actually came
> across a beat to hell and back old Rabbit Diesel.  It had door mounted
> seatbelts, what year was this?
> Anyways... It had bilstiens on the back, they looks a little old.
> The thing I am interested in is the springs.  They were quite a bit thicker
> than my Scirocco's rear springs.  They looked quite robust, and new.  One
> thing that caught my eye, and something that I think I would like, is that
> they appeared to be NOT progressive rate.  Has anyone heard of
> non-progressive rear springs?  My car is a bit too low, so I think these
> would raise it up a little.  Has anyone ever tried non-progessive's in the
> back?
>
> Thanks
> Ben
> 86 8v