Re: WOT stress bar interference

    You will only gain power if you are using the larger matched intake
manifold along with the larger throttle body from the A2 Golf.  The A1
intake manifold will restrict airflow if it is not matched with the throttle
body.  Check to see how high the A2 manifold will come  to in comparison
with your A1 intake manifold.  If it is lower, then definitely use it.  This
will solve your clearance issue and also give you more intake airflow for
more power, which is what you are wanting.

--
DanK
'87 16V Black