RE: Springs in Junkyard: buy or no?

> DNK006@aol.com wrote:
> Has anyone heard of non-progressive rear springs?  My car is a bit too
low,
> so I think these would raise it up a little.  Has anyone ever tried
> non-progessive's in the back?

I was under the impresssion that the A1 springs were all linear rate in the
back. Well, I could be mistaken. Whatever the case, I have fitted 200lb/inch
linear rate springs to the back of my Rabbit before. Combined with some old
Eibach front lowering springs (now owned by Chris Chemidlin), they did a
very nice job. The handling was extremely predictable and made the car easy
to rotate. Ride compliance suffered a bit but it was tolerable. Traction
over the rougher roads was also compromised a little bit. Overall, it worked
out very nicely although I think progressive is best for the street.
Scott F. Williams
Account Representative
GENUiTY
1 Liberty Plaza