Re: Springs in Junkyard: buy or no?

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:28:05 EDT DNK006@aol.com writes:
> I was browsing my local Ford & Chevy junkyard today, when I actually
> came across a beat to hell and back old Rabbit Diesel.  It had door
> mounted seatbelts, what year was this?
> Anyways... It had bilstiens on the back, they looks a little old.
> The thing I am interested in is the springs.  They were quite a bit
> thicker than my Scirocco's rear springs.  They looked quite robust, and
new.
>  One thing that caught my eye, and something that I think I would like,

> is that they appeared to be NOT progressive rate.  Has anyone heard of
> non-progressive rear springs?  My car is a bit too low, so I think
> these  would raise it up a little.  Has anyone ever tried
non-progessive's
> in the back?
>
> Thanks
> Ben
> 86 8v
> 84 8v

Snag up those Bilsteins...
If you don't want the Bilsteins, I'll pay for the Bilsteins and the
springs that you want, if you're willing to send them to me.
There is a good chance that the fronts are Bilstein inserts... You'd have
to look at the shaft to tell them apart.

I think Suspension Technique springs are linear rate. I had them on my
'84 GTI and it did raise the rear end.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"