Re: Brake Pads

FreshApple wrote:

> The Hawk brand are 40 bucks more, but seem to be a heavier
> duty pad, more for racing and auto-x.  Any thoughts?

If you are driving predominately on race tracks or autocross courses, a
"race" pad will be great since you are hammering the breaks so frequently.
However, as usual, products that are good on the track are not so good on
the street.  Race pads need time to warm up, so your stopping might actually
decrease as a result of those Hawk pads.

I have used both the factory pads and Metal Masters (OK, their old school
but some habits are hard to break) with good results.

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI
Eugene, OR