Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1532

Re:   16 V conversion.

Just my $0.02.

You may not want to hear this, but your parents might be right.  I'd
second the good opinions of other guy's on the list about the JH to PL
16V conversion.  Its not as simple as you'd think.  Having the complete
donor car right there would be the optimal way, and the spare car would
be the best.  Unless you live where there's no salt and your Scirocco is
primo, you might be best to concentrate on your studies and graduate
sooner (and buy newer VW, maybe 1.8 T?)  Maybe add some cheaper tuner
parts to your 1.8 JH now, like suspension and exhaust.  Kinda BTDT.  Had
to travel thousands of miles to get PL conversion working (electronics,
etc.)  There is something to the cliche "The Devil is in the details".

Now if I haven't mucked up enough, you can also consider the 2.0 liter
ABA conversion, but again its best to have the KE injection.

Finally, when you raise the rear end, that end of the car has more weight
on it.  So yes, you might detect more weight transfer on braking.  A
bigger swaybar might not hurt.

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre