Re: cutting springs

SailingFC@aol.com wrote:

> I've had my Bilsteins for over 16 years and they are in great shape.  No
> appreciable difference in stiffness or looseness(on the fronts).  I've had
> the rears replaced once, lifetime warranty!  I use to drive fairly hard and
> never had any problems with them.  BTW, I bought strut inserts not the full
> strut assemblies and I have Neuspeed lowering springs.

When I bought my car just over 2 years ago, it had Bilsteins on it that
turned out to be toast - all 4 of 'em.  How rare is THAT?!  But, no worries,
a certain list supplier managed to get them warrantied for me despite the
fact that I was not the original purchaser and had no receipt.. brandy new
ones for nada!  I expect these to last virtually forever..

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0