Re: cutting springs

I've had my Bilsteins for over 16 years and they are in great shape.  No
appreciable difference in stiffness or looseness(on the fronts).  I've had
the rears replaced once, lifetime warranty!  I use to drive fairly hard and
never had any problems with them.  BTW, I bought strut inserts not the full
strut assemblies and I have Neuspeed lowering springs.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/

In a message dated 9/18/00 4:36:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, pez18@zebra.net
writes:

<< > As you mentioned, after years of blowing front struts after 6-12 months
and
 > then driving with blown struts for another 6-12 months, I ponied up for the
 > Bilstein Sports & haven't had any problems since (3years now). If I had to
 > Do it over, I might save my $$$$ for another month and buy the adjustable
 > Koni's.  it might be nice to adjust the stiffness cause my Bils. are quite
 > stifffff.

 I hear ya' brother!  As soon as I can scrounge up a few extra bucks, I'm
kicking
 the Boge's to the curb with the rest of the trash!  How much more do the
Koni's
 run?  Will they hold up as long? >>