Re: scirocco parts question

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 21:43:48 -0400 Brett Van Sprewenburg
<brett@netacc.net> writes:
> >aight i was looking through a VW performance magazine. i noticed
> that most of the parts like a geer shifter and tail lights and turn
signals,
> their mostly for the gti's and golfs. my question is....can i fit golf
or
> corrodo or whatever model VW turn signals
No body stuff is interchangeable, at least that I know about, the "geer"
shifter should fit though...
Are you talking gear shift knob or the actual shifter?

The Rabbit/Golf 1 shifter is basically the same, but there are
differences.

seats...etc on a scirocco?
You can use amost any A1 or A2 seat in a Scirocco, but you might have to
use your lower seat frames
and swap the "new" seat backs and upholstery to the them.
I don't think the Recaro seat frames are compatible for that.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car, S216V black leather seats on the '79's
lower frames
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit", '86 GLi gray leather seats on the '83's lower
frames
'80, '84, '88 Scirocco rollers