Re: BIG Parking Brake Promlem. HELP!

Thanks Neal, I'll take it from here ;)

The handle is a piece of cake to install (providing that you have help from
Neal and Peter).  The hard part is getting the old one apart so that you can
get the button and grip off.  There are a few things to be careful of.
First make sure that the two cables that that connect to the handle don't
slip back into the car!  If they feel like they are going to, just put a
vice grip on each one.  Mine just stayed put with no tension.  It's actually
pretty self explanatory from just looking at it.  Just make sure that you
put the shaft that attaches to the button back on the correct way otherwise
you'll have to take the whole thing apart again (aaaargh).

HTH.

- Jan Folkson   www.janfolkson.com

'86 16V
'99 Passat 1.8T
'00 Beetle GLX 1.8T

"I don't want the world, I just want your half"